We are excited to provide an Enhanced Training program, which is partially taken from the research and expertise of Kim Paciotti CPDT-KA, CDT, APDT. Kim founded the Empowered Puppy Program, which is what our Enhanced Training program is based on. Kim and her partner have worked with and implemented early training to over 25 litters of golden retrievers, labrador retrievers and Bernese Mountain dogs.
This training is started when pups are newborn and continues the entire time they spend with us. It is based on early concept training which teaches the puppies to think & understand, shapes their temperament and helps us develop a blue print for each individual puppy, thus teaching the pups to be calm, balanced and have enhanced brain connections. The training begins before the puppies eyes and ears are even open, using scent training, Carmen Battaglia’s Early Neurological Stimulation training, Claudia Fugazza’s “Do As I Do” training, and imitation training taught by mom, litter mates and us as trainers.
We are members of Puppy Culture Affiliate program and refer to our training with these experts for breeding & prenatal care, Early Neurologlical Stimulation, weaning set up and recognizing and undertanding developmental periods. This is a team of leading breeders, vets and behaviorists, so these methods are backed up with science.
We incorporate this imprint training into every litter we have. Using this awesome program, we create enrichment opportunities so the puppies learn to problem solve and experience active & passive challenges. We incorporate early socialization into our program using age appropriate and safest measures.
Puppy Culture allows us to teach the puppies how to offer good behaviours. Pups learn emotional regulation through simple resiliency exercises, anti-aggression protocols and sound proofing.
And too important not to mention … Puppy Culture helps us to prepare our new families for the arrival of their puppy.
These puppies join their new families as well adjusted, calm, balanced pets to enjoy as family companions as well as ready to continue their training for specific jobs in service or therapy work. We set their foundation with scent training, temperament shaping, learning obedience and manners. For working dogs, it is mandatory that a trainer is arranged and willing to communicate with us prior to the puppy leaving here, so we know a plan is in place for further training.
- Puppy will have received a temperament assessment, and aptitude test and the new family will be given suggestions for continued training based on the results of the test
- Scent training and water activities will assist in shaping temperament
- Puppy will learn body awareness using fun and creative methods
- Socialization (age appropriate) to sights, sound, and motion
- Lots of exposure to water, activities and movement in water
- Introduction to crates
- Various scent associations are used with training
- Gross motor activities including up & down stairs, outdoor play, and exposure to various surfaces underfoot.
- Imitation training (via the pup’s mom, other pups in litter, us, and even using videos for the pups to watch)
- Introduction to basic focus skills
- Puppies have routine veterinary care and vaccinations while in our care included in the purchase price, as well as a 2 year health guarantee
- Pre-pick up consultation for puppy training and resources