We are excited to provide an Enhanced Training program, which is taken from the research and expertise of Kim Paciotti CPDT-KA, CDT, APDT. Kim founded the Empowered Puppy Program, which is what our Enhanced Training program is based on. Kim and her partner have worked with and implemented early training to over 25 litters of golden retrievers, labrador retrievers and Bernese Mountain dogs.
This training is started when pups are newborn and continues the entire time they spend with us. It is based on early concept training which teaches the puppies to think & understand, shapes their temperament and helps us develop a blue print for each individual puppy, thus teaching the pups to be calm, balanced and have enhanced brain connections. The training begins before the puppies eyes and ears are even open, using scent training, Carmen Battaglia’s Early Neurological Stimulation training, Claudia Fugazza’s “Do As I Do” training, and imitation training taught by mom, litter mates and us as trainers.
We incorporate this imprint training into every litter we have.
Some of these puppies will remain with us a little longer before they join their new families in order to fully implement all of the imprint training we have available.
These puppies join their new families as well adjusted, calm, balanced pets to enjoy as family companions as well as ready to continue their training for specific jobs in service or therapy work. We set their foundation with scent training, temperament shaping, learning obedience and manners. For working dogs, it is mandatory that a trainer is arranged and willing to communicate with us prior to the puppy leaving here, so we know a plan is in place for further training.
- Puppy will have received a temperament assessment, and personality test and taught individual skills built around the outcome of the test, and the new family will be given suggestions for continued training based on the results of the personality test
- Scent training and water activities will assist in shaping temperament
- Puppy will learn body awareness using fun and creative methods
- Socialization (age appropriate)
- Lots of exposure to water, activities and movement in water
- Introduction to Crate training
- Various scent associations are used with training
- Gross motor activities including up & down stairs
- Imitation training (via the pup’s mom, other pups in litter, us and even using videos for the pups to watch)
- Introduction to basic focus skills
- basic obedience such as sit, lay down, wait, and come (it’s important to note that puppies all learn at different rates, some will learn more than what is listed, while others will need the entire time to learn the basics)
- Puppies will have routine veterinary care and vaccinations while in our care included in the purchase price, as well as a 2 year health guarantee
- Life long support and resources
Water exposure makes puppies comfortable with movement & decreases incidences of motion sickness by nearly 100%
8 week old puppies sitting, waiting, and watching
Brain games are important to stimulate their minds